Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fantasy

Sitting here listening to Sixx Sense and am listening to Aldo Nova's 'Fantasy'. That is one of the first songs that Bob ever played to me when we started dating...back in 1989. It brings back some memories that make me smile.

I am excited for Friday. It's my birthday and my friends Geri, Mallory & Mary are having dinner with me! Will be nice to hang out with my friends and enjoy an evening sans children and spouses. :o)~
Saturday night Mallory has decided we have to go to Lord Stanley's they are having the Jager girls and of course will be giving away free shit. LOL! This is what Mallory lives for...free shit!

I finished the afghan I've been working on. It's a very simple afghan, all double crochet with a single crochet border, but it's made with the LionBrand Homespun Ricocco color yarn. I think it's pretty, and it's very warm...Last night as I was finishing it up I had to open a window because it was making my lap so darn warm while I was working on it. HA!
It's 54" x 48 "


Considering making a website to sell my stuff on - I think I mentioned before that I took inventory and I have way too many projects completed that need to be sold and go to good homes :)

Next project - work on more hats for the chemo lab. I think his next appointment is in November...so I still have some time to get a few more dozen made. I also need to make a baby blanket for my nephew, no name chosen yet, who is going to be delivered via C-section on December 16.

Okay, time to head to work. Still hoping I get a nice Nikon camera for my birthday...or a Leica...a girl can wish....right?

2 comments:

Sally said...

I admire the fact that you were able to complete a whole afghan (I've only ever finished one... and a baby size one...), especially since it was made out of Homespun. That stuff is soft, but I despise trying to crochet or knit with it.

Do you know about Etsy? I'm thinking of making an etsy shop, maybe...or some kind of shop, anyway, too.

gabby1 said...

Thanks, Sally! The homespun is definitely a challenge to work with. The afghan's are always incredibly soft & warm but I can't crochet nearly as quickly with it as I can with a different yarn.
I had picked up about 34 skeins at a garage sale for $20.00 so it was a great deal on the yarn.

I had never heard of Etsy before. I did take a quick look at it after reading your comment. I'll have to look more closely at it later- but it seems like a good idea.