Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bright Side

Well, lucky me. This morning, while getting ready for work I was listening to SixxSense and had my phone charging on the sink as I was doing so, as streaming the show always kills my charge pretty quickly. The reason it was sitting on the sink is because of the lack of outlets in my bathroom, there is one on top of the mirror that works just great. So, as I was applying my face for the day I happened to step sideways just enough that I caught the cord, which was plugged in above my head...and it pulled out and dropped right beside the sink...IN THE TOILET!

Thankfully, the toilet had recently been flushed! I fished the stupid charger out of the toilet...and tried to dry it to the best of my abilities. Threw it in my purse to take to work with me so I could charge my phone when it dies because the signal sucks at work.

At about 10 a.m. I tried to plug charger in, then into the phone...NOTHING!

There are two ways to look at this issue. The first, which might be most people's initial reaction would be to get angry. I mean really, how will I possibly charge my phone NOW?
The second, my reaction, was to smile. This may be the perfect excuse to go get my new phone. I mean I've been waiting to see about getting one until December or January. However, I can get one now...or if not I can steal Bob's charger most days...lol.

So, I spent a bit of time today looking at the U.S. Celluar phones. No decision has been made yet, when I do I'll send a pic of the new phone I get (lol).

That's it...an hour and 15 minutes till I can drive home and catch at least the last few minutes of the Green Bay Packer's game.

Happy day people! Keep smiling...

2 comments:

Sally said...

You might try putting your charger in a tupperware type sealed bowl with some uncooked rice...it might absorb the moisture. Or, if you're really looking forward to that new phone, then don't :-)

gabby1 said...

It worked Sally! Darnit! I had to try because I would have had to spend money on a new phone and I really can't justify that! Especially since I purchased my camera recently (I got it for half the retail price because someone Cassy is friends with just had a baby and was selling it cheap).
Anyway, thanks for the tip!