Sunday, January 8, 2012

1st Adventure of the New Year

CHICAGO!

Earlier this week I decided to take a trip in to Chicago (to take place Saturday). I invited my friend Jeff, who knows the city pretty well...Bob & our friend Teri invited themselves.
We took the train out of Elburn into Ogilve Station and then the city was ours to explore.
My Nikon in hand we rode the mass transit system and walked all over town. Sight seeing included Wrigley Field, US Cellular Field, a few streets of 'Boys town', the river, the Chicago Theater and many other cool places.

It was a day of laughter, pictures, and fun! We had no plan, other than to explore Chicago, and no time lines to meet.

I have decided that I will make time for short little weekend adventures this year.

A big thanks to Jeff, Teri & Bob for helping to make it an epic adventure...oh and a big thanks to the Elburn police man who got Teri back in to her car after we arrived back at the train station to find that her battery had died and her keyless entry was not working!

2 comments:

Sally said...

This sounds like lots of fun! Often, I think that I should go into Chicago more often... it's so close, but I almost never go there.

gabby1 said...

Yes, it's a great place to visit and I kick myself for not going more often. Even in the colder temps it's a neat place to visit.