Thursday, February 23, 2012

Melrose Park Red Light Violation Department is full of IDIOTS!

Yesterday I arrived home to my husband sitting at the table looking at a ticket from Melrose Park, Illinois (I have yet to look up exactly where this is in relation to my home, however, it is not a place I have ever visited).
It is a $100.00 ticket that is for some random "red light violation" that is not clearly indicated on the ticket. It includes three pictures (two of which do not even show the vehicle in question) that are apparently supposed to prove what the violation is.

Problem #1 - the vehicle shown in the 3rd picture that shows the license plate is a White, Ford Pick up truck. The tailgate is clearly shown as are some metal rods in the back of this truck.
I drive a Red Ford Explorer, which is the first Ford I've ever owned.

Problem #2 - the vehicle plates that are shown are almost identical to the plates I have on my Explorer. I say almost because the second number on the plates is different. The plate in question is very obviously an 8 or possibly a 6, but most definitely not a 0. I say this because the indentation in the middle of the number is VERY apparent.

So, we call the Melrose Park Red Light Violation Department. I spoke to several people today including a man named Raymond who is a supervisor there. I explained the situation...he repeatedly and continually tried to talk over me, he would not listen to me, and kept repeating my options for how I could either pay the ticket or go to court about the ticket. I attempted repeatedly to explain that I have a RED FORD EXPLORER and that the plates on the vehicle in question obviously do not have a 0 as the second number. I also indicated that I really couldn't afford to take a day off work to drive to Melrose Park for something that is clearly a mistake on their part and that all they would need to do was contact the Secretary of State to see that my vehicle is a RED FORD EXPLORER and that the plate he is looking for has either an 8 or 6 as the second number and if they ran the plate # that way they would find the proper vehicle.  He told me he was looking at the plate and it was very apparent to him that it was a 0.He also indicated that I could mail them a copy of my registration and he would have the officer appear in court with it to show the judge but that his department won't do anything to remove the ticket, if I can prove that I'm right.  By then I was PISSED OFF! So, I said, are you certain that your prescription for your glasses is up to date? As, I have asked at least a dozen people to look at it and all agree that this is not a 0. He indicated that his eyesight was just fine and that he is very effective and competent to which I replied..." I highly question the validity of your statement because you do not seem to be effective or competent as you can't even admit that you are incorrect nor are you able to read properly"

I am calling the Secretary of States office tomorrow and contacting the court house where this is supposed to take place.

If I have to take a day off and go to work I believe I am going to file a small claim in court against this office because of their REFUSAL to even look at their error! and the complete waste of my time in having to miss work to deal with it!

What a bunch of incompetent JERKS!

2 comments:

Sally said...

This is ridiculous! They make a mistake and then it becomes your problem to prove them wrong :-( This happened to my friend on a much smaller scale with one of her utility bills! Ugh! May the force be with you!

gabby1 said...

Yes, it is ridiculous. I am so angry! If they would just look at all of it again & even contact s.o.s.'s office they would see that they made a mistake. The fact that they have that resource available to then & refuse to use it is absolute abuse of power & incompetence. I'm thinking of contacting nbc Chicago and showing them the ticket, my truck & registration & letting them embarrass the department on t.v.