Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pintrest Inspirations...ORGANIZATION OF A KITCHEN OFFICE NOOK

So, I gave in and requested a pintrest account recently. I had been holding out because I thought a few things regarding the recent hype about the website...1. Do I really need something else eating up my time? 2. I'm going to look at all kinds of stuff that I wished I had only to pin it on my board and then be depressed about not having it...why bother?

I sent a request and within 24 hours had an invitation...I began looking around after creating my account and was pleasantly surprised with how many DIY projects there were...and the addiction has begun!

I have found several photography related craft things that I'd like to try, several crochet patters, a couple of sewing projects that I will embark upon AND A TON OF ORGANIZATIONAL IDEAS!

I'm the kind of person who tries very hard to stay organized...but with 4 kids, a grandson, a husband, our daughters best friend and 3 dogs at the house it's ALWAYS difficult to stay organized. If the house stays clean for a 24 hour period I'm usually elated...

I saw a cute idea for using an old large picture frame and stringing several lines of wire/yarn or some other similar item across and then using clips to hold an array of photographs on...this seemed right up my alley but I was lacking a large picture frame that would work well.

I have a little corner in my kitchen that is where my little table/desk sits...it's very small, just a little nook kind of area and I always have trouble keeping my printer, laptop, photography supplies, and other items organized...This weekend I decided to get to work on it.

SUPPLY HOLDERS

I used 2 small metal flower pots that I had stuck under the sink after whatever had been in them was either transplanted or died (Not really a green thumb...) and an empty espresso can that I hot glued some pretty ribbon on and then tied a bow around.

Then I placed a hole on one side near the top, through this I pulled some crafting wire, and then hung them from the wall, where now my scissors and rulers are in one, my accessory cords and flash drives are in one, and my pens, pencils and highlighters are in another container.

Above that and on the door (no longer used door because on the other side is a bedroom that had 2 doors to it, there is a bed against the door that leads in to my kitchen) I strung craft wire which was then wrapped around a nail before it was nailed in to the wall.

To hold my pictures I have used clothes pins. I am quite happy with my reorganized little nook, especially since I can look up or to the side of where I sit and look at some of my favorite pictures.

Below is a picture of my little Pintrest inspired office nook project.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love how you've put your little nook together! I try to stay away from pinterest, just because I never seem to have enough time to implement all of the wonderful ideas.

I'm not planning to do summer school this summer, so I'm hoping to be able to do some organizing for myself over the summer. I love the little containers on the wall. Once I get my sewing area re-organized/set up, I hope to do something similar.

gabby1 said...

Thanks Sally. It was fun and very quick to do. Bob was very impressed lol!