Thursday, May 24, 2012

Holy not a sinus infection batman!

Good morning. It's been a bit of a crummy week! I woke up Monday morning with a raging headache, a nasal drip and in general feeling a bit lousy...but there were doctor appointments from 9:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. so off we went....first to Cody's Cardiologist: He checked out well, the gradient of blockage from the pulmonary stenosis has increased, but is still below the line that would make surgery necessary. Then,  Brendon's Cardiologist (same guy as Cody), He checked out well, the gradient has increased in the years since his heart surgery to correct the pulmonary stenosis (2001) but it's still looking good!

After these two appointments in Rockford we went to the pet store to blow off some time, I played with a puppy who was the sweetest little thing.

Then it was Bob's turn to see his Oncologist, all clear - recheck in September.

We had lunch and came back to town where it was then my turn for a mammogram (those aren't fun) and a few ultrasounds...waiting on results...but these were all routine.

Finally made it home by 6:30 p.m. and felt pretty crummy, so I went to bed early.

Woke up Tuesday morning with a very sore throat, throbbing head and just general aches and pains. Went to work anyway...what a bad idea. I felt like crap all day and finally left at 2...came home and slept. Began running a fever in the evening.

Yesterday I stayed home from work, slept most of the day, was generally grouchy but by late afternoon/early evening was feeling mostly better as long as I kept taking a couple asprin every 4 hours.

Today I am up and ready to go. My girlfriend is working the floor today so I am riding with her instead of waiting for Cassy....so, I am up, medicine taken, and looking pretty good regardless of still feeling a little iffy...however, I can't imagine wasting an entire week of work...today will most likely be a 10 hour day.

*Bonus to riding with my friend....Starbucks Chai Latte's :o)

Have a great day! Try not to get sick...it's the pits, and if you can enjoy the great weather with a bike ride outside...my bike and I need to become one again! SOON!

No comments: