Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sewing...

is not something I do very often. But, I had leftover fabric from the camera bag and then when I was in the craft store getting more supplies for making my photography cards I found another material that I just loved...I have a thing about polka dots!

So, today I decided to  use the tutorial from the camera bag and modify it a bit (this was a bit stressful since I don't sew on a regular basis and certainly not anything more difficult than hemming up a pair of pants). I added a band around the top and left out all the foam of course. I also added a pocket on the inside as well as straps to hang the bag from your shoulder.

All in all I am pretty happy about the bag...

Here's the thing though. I don't need another bag...I don't change bags, I use the same bag until it damn near falls apart...and then I move on to another...the only time I change bags really is to go to a concert in which case I carry a tiny one that fits my aluminum wallet and before I quit smoking my cigarettes. So...the question is: Is this bag good enough to give as a present? I can't decide just yet. I will deliberate for a while and then make a decision...if so it will go in the rubbermaid bin that I am using for keeping gifts that I purchase or make ahead of time. :)


No comments: