Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Healthier and Happier

My friend Beth and I have started running...this is quite the chore considering she is a hospice nurse and often gets last minute calls thus changing our schedule. However, we are overcoming this and starting to get in to a groove.

Aside from this I am trying to eat healthier. I have gained so much weight in the time that it's been since Bob's chemo and recovery. That I am not happy with at all. So, I am, aside from running (it's honestly more like jogging than running), trying to eat healthier. I intend to pick up a copy of the book "Skinny Rules" by Bob (from the biggest loser). I am eating more fruits and veggies as well as watching my protein intake and trying to keep it high to keep me full.

Last night we grilled chicken and I also grilled broccoli and zucchini. This was the first time I had ever had grilled zucchini...honestly any zucchini that wasn't chopped up and in bread. It was pretty darn delicious.

Anyway, hoping to get these extra pounds off, and hoping to have a lot of them off in the next 45 days when I fly to Florida to go see Motley Crue and Kiss with my cousin!

No comments: