Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunburnt and Tired

Yesterday was spent on the Kishwaukee River. We jumped in at Wal-camp in Kingston and finished up in Kirkland...this is a short trip by highway...not so much so when tubing! We spent 8 hours on the water. I am also slightly moronic apparently as the tubes were not comfortable and sitting on them with my butt had me dumped in to the Kish several times early on...at which point I decided to go stomach to tube and float that way (much easier) ...although my back is very red at this point lol. I bashed my knee a time or two and have a few cuts as well. However, it was a great day! :) Fun with friends...nothing beats a weekend spent like that!

Today it's back to the grind...I am exhausted (slept 9 hours) and it probably doesn't help that my blood sugar crashed during the last 45 minutes of our trip down the river; when that happens I'm always a little more tired for several days after...it was my own fault...I should have eaten more but it was hot and I was staying hydrated...so I figured I was fine...and I am...I just took a little detour for about an hour or so. Thankfully we all had brought some food with us and the shakes went away after a little while.

Friday I am off work but have to work on  Saturday...then it's a Saturday night MMA fight where a resident's grandson is making his pro debut! Can't wait!

Have a happy week!

No comments: