Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend Fun!

This is going to be one busy weekend!

Last night I happened to notice on Facebook that a friend of ours was going to be playing downtown. He is a D.J. and we have never seen him play...so we decided to take a walk to the downtown area and check out what he does.

It just so happened however, that they did not have a normal type of gig...they were actually doing a renegade dance party. They found a location with electricity, set up their equipment and started playing.

They ended up at a gazebo area right on the main corner of the downtown area. I got a few pictures of them. It was a good night.

Today Bob has car work to do. I have 3 picture orders to fill, laundry to do, and a house to get swept, vacuumed, and mopped. Everything is actually pretty clean other than the floors all need a little TLC. I also would like to pop by the store and pick up the rest of the material I need to finish my latest project. I am also babysitting my grandson while my daughter is out making the world beautiful one hairstyle at a time.

Tonight is my friend Deb's birthday party and we are doing a downtown pub crawl...should be a good time. I am thankful that I live with in a few blocks of the downtown area.

Tomorrow morning Bob and I will be joining about 15 friends who are tubing down the Kishwaukee River. :) Should be a relaxing day (I'm sure I will have one heck of a sunburn by the time all is said and done).

It's supposed to be hot and sunny all weekend...so wear sunscreen and enjoy the weekend....I know I will!

3 comments:

Sally said...

It does sound like a busy weekend! We have an action packed weekend, too. We tried to go for a bike ride this morning, but Tim bike broke before we could get started (thank God it didn't break 30 minutes into the ride!). So then we went to the health club (I'm trying out the Ease Into 5K app).

This afternoon, we head to East Lynn for Karl's 30th b-day party. We have to come back at the crack of dawn tomorrow, though because Tim has a car show he wants to go to. At least the weather is beautiful! :)

gabby1 said...

Sally, I will have to look for that app. My friend, Traci, signed me up to run a 5k with her in August...in St. Louis...I'm sure it's going to feel like the pits of hell because of the heat! Have fun in East Lynn. Kay, Emily and I are trying to set up to go meet at the El Paso Monical's once every month or every other month to catch up, it's about midway for all of us. Let me know if you have free time this summer, maybe we could get together for lunch or dinner or something! I'm going to get a few more materials this weekend or possibly as late as midweek to start on that bag...Fingers crossed that I don't screw it up! :)

Sally said...

I definitely have free time this summer since I'm not doing summer school or anything. I'd love to get together sometime :)

You'll do great with the bag!