Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A little Cheer

Yesterday my office phone rings (that annoying beeping ring which means our receptionist sent the call to me....I had been trying to avoid people all day in an effort to further promote my half way decent mood). So I answer the phone "This is Patty, how can I help you?" With a heart full of dread that it would be someone to drive me up the wall.

On the other end I get something to the effect of "You're voice mail had me cracking up. Remote office....(followed by a laugh)"

EXCELLENT....my cousin Nellie (or Nell as she likes to be called...probably b/c it sounds more professional than Nellie...or maybe she doesn't want to be associated with Nellie from Little House on the Prairie anymore, wait...didn't she go by Nell? I'm going to have to check that out lol) who works at a paper in MA. Did I mention it took her almost a week to call me back? She was in her "REMOTE OFFICE" last Tuesday....the voice mail went something like this... I call her...I get her VM..."Hi, you've reached the voice mail of _______ at the _________. Please leave a message as I am either on the phone or away from my desk. If you are calling on Tuesday I am working from a remote office and will be unable to get back to you until Wednesday." Okay...really, how remote could an office be in the middle of MA? It just cracked me up. Thus me leaving an obnoxious message making fun of the remote office thing. (I know, really hard to imagine me being obnoxious).

So we chat, we laugh, we discuss our insane family (believe me I'm not exaggerating....they are all nuts and I think Nell(ie) and I are half way there too)...I had tears streaming down my face at one point and could hardly breathe.

I'm so glad I answered the phone. It put me in a better mood...gave me a good laugh and just all around cheered me up.

She also keeps harassing me about how I should do a charity ride across the country...so that she can tell everyone "that's my crazy cousin." haha nice! I'd ride across the country just to ride...anyone wanna keep my kids for a while so I can set out on that little adventure?

Then when I got home my mother was here with my two nieces...who are totally spoiled rotten...and I love it....cuz I can send them home at the end of a visit LOL! They are sweet...Kenzie is just a little smartass at the age of 3...Ariana hasn't started talking too much yet (probably b/c she can't get a word in with her sister around) so she's still cute and sweet. She laid on Bob's chest when he got home from work and went right to sleep. Very sweet.

That's about it...I've gotta get ready for another day of joy and pleasure.

Safe and Happy Riding Folks and if you see me on the road give me a little wave (not the single fingered one either)!


4 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Now that I have developed my riding habits, my choice of bikes is very different from the one I originally bought. A Giant OCR3, with 700x23 tires, lightweight and fast. I am getting rid of that one and purchasing a touring type bike after the winter holidays.

I also have Marin Belvedere for commuting. It came with the fenders, tires and gearing that makes it a very good decision. I got this after two years of commuting.

I'm not able to judge your choice but because of what I said above I would suggest taking your time and look at lots of different bikes.

Also wait till Jan or Feb, and look for a deal on leftovers.

gabby1 said...

Thanks for the advice. I am waiting until after the new year to make my decision...can't afford with 4 kids to make too many decisions prior to Christmas.

gabby1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love you very much and miss you sorry to hear that you have been so down.