Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lovely Day

This morning I got up early and headed into work. Have I ever mentioned that I really don't like working on Sunday's? It seems totally against everything from when I was growing up. Sunday was a day to go to church and then spend with your family. However, life isn't always ideal...so I went to work. I drove today because I knew I had to stop at the store to pick up a bunch of stuff for the taco dinner I was making tonight.

I was the weekend manager today and came in to find that someone had called off from the kitchen...so I helped them serve the resident's their breakfast and their lunch. While doing this I found out that the other weekend managers do not do this. Let me say two things about that...
1. as a manager it is our job to make sure things go smoothly...carrying out a plate of food for a resident is not brain surgery and every single manager is capable of doing this...so I find it really sad that they don't.
2. If I ever again hear a manager claim to "help" out the short staffed kitchen I'm going to ask exactly how it is that they helped out because pouring coffee and tea is really not helping out...the C.N.A.'s are supposed to do that if the kitchen is short staffed anyway....so that's not taking a load off the kitchen...and I'm going to point that out..this especially brings to mind a certain manager who always claims that she helps out the kitchen....the head cook and the head waiter said she's never even come in to see if they were okay or not.

Moving on...I heard from our old buddy Scott today who we haven't really seen for over a year because he is in the military and has been gone. Anyway he came over to eat tacos with us tonight. That was a nice and unexpected visit. I've missed him a lot...we've been friends with him for 20 years now....OKAY....THAT MAKES ME FEEL OLD! YIKES!

Anyway, that's about it...not too much happening!

Safe and Happy riding folks...I'm off work tomorrow so probably won't ride because I have to be at the church at 9 a.m. for a class and then will be heading to court to see if this lousy bastard will plead guilty and take his punishment instead of dragging this on longer --- although I have a feeling that he will do exactly the opposite and not take the plea bargain that was offered instead trying to get it continued until December (after Christmas) so that he can spend the holidays with his wife, her kids and grandkids....not that anyone should allow him to be around children...but that's our wonderful justice system....2 confessions both taped and he gets to drag this out for over a year! Okay sorry I'm done....It gets me a little worked up that's all.

Seriously folks, that's it for tonight. Safe and happy riding!

No comments: