Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Still working :(

I had forgotten that I promised one of my receptionists that I'd cover the shift tonight for her since it was her birthday. So....here I sit. At this point I'm exhausted. I've been here since 8:30 a.m. it's now 7:30 a.m. I didn't take a lunch because I was busy...and now I just want to lie down in my bed and sleep.

What's really going to happen though is....I'm going to get off work in 35 minutes, walk in back, change into my biking clothes. Throw all my junk into the plastic garbage bag I keep in my backpack for rainy days then grab my bike out of the maintenance room, turn on my head and tail lights to blinking mode so that with all the fog and rain the crazy people on the road will be able to see me. Then I'm biking the 5 miles to my casa. Where I will walk in, change my wet clothes and be bombarded by my children and husband....probably before I even manage to get my wet clothes peeled off my body!

I will then go do whatever needs to be done for the little people, let the dogs out and head to bed. At 4:00 a.m. I'll wake up, make coffee and Bob's lunch, take him to work so that I can keep my truck (engine to the jeep is still torn apart in my garage...water pump problem). I will come back home and start cleaning, stopping long enough to make breakfast for the kids. I will clean until 9a.m. then run to the store to exchange the 20 lb birds I bought for smaller ones because Bob says they will fry better. I will then return to my happy abode and continue cleaning, in a futile effort to impress my family with my housekeeping skills. Which in reality will turn into some stupid thing that I forgot to do being the one thing they notice! :(

I haven't felt too well most of the day either. Stomach and head hurt. 30 minutes to go....they might find me asleep with my head on the desk in the morning if this time doesn't pass a little faster. Everyone is out of the building except the night staff and the residents...so there's no activity up here to keep me occupied.

Oh, I almost forgot because my mind is ready to shut down for the day....There was an email that ended up in my mail box today regarding an avid cyclist who was involved in an accident and died. She had a pretty amazing story and had really overcome some pretty big obstacles in her life. She started an organization that did a lot to promote awareness about brain injuries. Anyway...if you are interested in reading anything about her here is a link to the website the email sent me to.
http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/330074.html



It was pretty interesting and that page has a link to her personal website. Intersting read.

Folks be safe out there...be aware of those around you...slow down, put your cell phones down (we all got through life just fine before they were invented)....we all want to get home at the end of our day to be with our families! Help make that happen!

Happy and Safe Riding!

No comments: