Monday, December 17, 2007

Another administrator to break in.

So today our corporate administrator was in the building. Shortly after seeing him I heard them calling all managers to the administrators office...I didn't go (wish I had) because I'm an assistant manager. Anyway, I really should have gone because the meeting was to let us know that the current administrator (who took over about 3 weeks ago) was let go of....YES!

She was a nice enough woman...but working with her was extremely frustrating. I don't know what in the world she was used to at any other homes that she worked in but she really was out there....told me the other day I had to work 2 nights as evening manager (assistant managers are not required to do that...we fill in if someone asks and we are able but we are not required to). I told her I didn't think I'd be able to and she said "well I am going to need you to be here." I wasn't going to work them either way but now I don't really have to be concerned by that.

We were informed that we will have a new administrator in the building tomorrow. This one will be interim...so it should be intersting. We've gone through several administrators since I've been there (about 3 years) - when we get a good one they end up promoted and move on or we get horrible ones that stay for only a month or two and then leave....either way...we have a new administrator to break in come tomorrow. hurray :( I miss Susan...she was a wonderful administrator and a wonderful person....probably why she got promoted to a regional position LOL!

I'm about ready for bed....blah....can't seem to find any energy these days...I'd rather just crawl in bed and sleep! Must be the winter time blues.

No comments: