Monday, December 17, 2007

Partial Sum Algorithm part II

So....tonight I broke down and really tried to give this whole idea a chance...that didn't work out well....I hate this style of math...and stand by my earlier stance that it really is a pain in the butt...and more confusing for the kids than just learning how to carry!

One of the twins has trouble with multiple directions....so doing 5 steps instead of 3 is more difficult for him. He has some processing issues due to a brain bleed (they diagnosed as a level II to Level III bleed) at birth. Anyway, this process just makes it more difficult for him. Brendon on the other hand has the answer (to the actual problem)before he ever begins the whole process that this method calls for doing...so what's the point? I still can't see it! I've got one doing the whole problem in his head before he even starts and another who can do the addition and carrying without too much assistance but to do this method needs continual support....seems like a no brainer to me....don't do this process! Instead....we are still doing it.

I stand by my earlier post....this method is really not helpful.

No comments: