Thursday, December 13, 2007

MIA

Okay, Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. It's been hectic with the holiday's approaching and with just all the other craziness.

My boss has been on vacation....which meant lots of extra work for me.

We had an 2 ice storms and a snow storm which kept me off my bike :(

Today was the first day I've ridden in about a week...it was a glorious ride into work...the ride home, not so glorious....rush hour (okay I live in the middle of a corn field but it still gets congested when school lets out) plus the temps had dropped a lot...it's in the teens now...and the wind had picked up ALOT!

I've decided on a commuter bike...hurray!!! It's a Gary Fisher Wingra....

Tobie at the LBS left me an email telling me it's in....HURRAY...I wish I could go get it right now but sadly I have to wait because it's my Christmas present....or belated Christmas present. lol. He's putting fenders on it, taking the commuter rack off my Trek and setting it up on the Wingra, he's switching out my tires to more aggressive cross tires, and the 1/2 and 1/2 pedals are coming off my Trek and going onto the Wingra. In the spring or within weeks of getting the Wingra, I'll buy new pedals for my Trek and then have a much cooler set up on my Trek. The Wingra is going to look tough and it's going to be my get around town bike...that way I can save my Trek from the wear and tear of everyday riding. HURRAY! I'm so stoked about this I can hardly contain myself and if I could I'd go pick it up first thing in the morning and then call in sick and ride around on it all day! LOL.

Our Bike Club had it's Christmas Party last night...what fun! It was so nice seeing everyone again (last ride was in November) and makes me itch for spring to get here so we can get out and do some serious long rides.

I think Tobie is going to let Karen and I lead a Wednesday night ride from the bike shop...woohoo----we are going to work on routes this winter so that we can have it all set up! I'm excited about that.

My class at church is going well....the kids are really getting engaged and the parents seem to be having a good time with it as well.

Speaking of Church...my daughter and I got into a 'discussion' which became rather heated because of our differing opinions on gay marriage and the church. Oh it was fun.....(kidding). Then I tried to explain the church's stance on the whole thing and said that they don't hate gay people but do say that acting on it is considered a sin....she cried and said so you are saying my friends are sinners...I said honey we are all sinners and we all have to face God someday and explain ourselves....It was crazy.... I feel bad because there are so many hateful things going on in the world - and fighting over each person's choices which aren't hurting us seems so silly to me....I was just trying to explain the stance of the RCC...she on the other hand just wants fairness to everyone and their feelings. I think everyone should just leave each other to their own things, and concern themselves with their own lives....the world would be a better place if we all just showed a little love and compassion....none of us are perfect.

Okay what else is going on.....I sent out Christmas cards on the 1st or 3rd of December....very proud of myself for getting those suckers out! Woo hoo for me!
Those who know me know that I am very bad about actually getting them into the mail most of the time. lol...

That might be about it....oh and blessings to all the nice drivers today who slowed down and gave me plenty of room while passing me!!! GOD BLESS!!!! Helped me to get home to my family safely!

No comments: