Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bike Swap Meet: Madison, Wisconsin & Green Bay Packers Win!

Today I went with Karen, Victoria, Linda and Gregg (from the bike club) to Madison, Wisconsin for the Midwest Bike Swap Meet. It was fabulous fun! It was good to hang out with people from the bike club, winter is one of those times when you don't see the group too often.

I also managed to find some super deals on stuff I needed...well something I needed and something I wanted.
I got a pair of Louis Garneau Thermal biking pants (waterproof too) for $50.00 normally pants like that run at around $100.00 or more so that was a great deal (with the tags still on).

I also got a Mt. Borah Women's Sleeveless Jersey (for in the summer of course) in a really cool print it's all red and burnt orange which go well with my Auburn Red Hair!

It was really a blast! There were people there that I knew from Bike Shop's I've frequented and even from one that I have only visited twice but the guy remembered me and asked if my husband had ever found the bike he was looking for! SO COOL!

Maybe next week if there is snow they will get me out to cross country ski---now that I have the pants for it!

Also, we managed to get back right at the start of the game....GREEN BAY PACKERS game that is....and what a game it was!

So it was a GREAT DAY!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get up early and go log some miles on my bike with my new thermal tights!

Safe and Happy riding my friends.

No comments: