Thursday, February 28, 2008

Baptism class, New Books, & Riding

As I've mentioned before I've been teaching a class at church for kids who need to be baptized. I just finished up another session, but found out I'll have another starting, this one will be to get 2 girls ready to receive communion. I'll not start that until May because they are currently enrolled in another class. So, I'm excited about that. I also found out that we have a list of people who will be taking the RCIC class in the fall.

I picked up two new books yesterday. One is called St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Angels. The other is a book about Fatima - considering that I'm Portuguese I do know the story of Fatima and what happened there - but I can't say that I've ever read a lot about it.

I also have a romance novel to pick up at Borders - it's one in the series I've been reading this year. Perhaps I'll pick it up tonight.

Considered riding into work this morning but it's -2 (without the wind chill) and I'm still fighting this respiratory infection so breathing could become difficult especially against the wind on some of those hills. Thankfully March is just around the corner and that means the kick off of the riding season.

Okay, I better scram! Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

I picked up my new bike last night and went for a ride with a friend. It wasn't bad when we left around 8PM, by 9 it was approaching the temperature you said was too cold to ride.

Know what? Your right. 8>)

gabby1 said...

LOL...the first day I took the Wingra out for a ride it was beautiful in the morning but by the afternoon the winds had picked up to 35 mph and the temps were in the single digits without the wind chill . I got home and was FROZEN! Well, my fingers and toes were anyway. Which is why I bought the Hincapie gloves!