Friday, February 29, 2008

A Different View

I mentioned this morning that I was riding into work today...which I did. We had 1.5 inches of snow on the ground. I took my normal route to work including the bike trail, which was totally covered in mostly untouched snow. It was a gorgeous ride, this particular bike trail I take is surrounded by a wooded area so on either side there are trees. There were several different animal tracks in the snow and it was so peaceful and so clean...amazing.

Everyone should slow down, grab a bike and take a stroll, people would get to see things from such a different point of view. I can honestly say that when I used to drive back and forth there was nothing scenic that I noticed about my surroundings - now that I ride all the time, I notice something new and different each day.

My pal the crossing guard was happy to see me and hollered a warning to ride carefully in all that snow! Nice guy! He even noticed my new bike...I know this because I always slow down as I get close to him because he has a lot to say in the few seconds I am riding past him and usually some of it is lost on me since I'm already past him....

Anyway, beautiful day to be on a bike!

Safe and happy riding everyone!

No comments: