Friday, February 29, 2008

Remembering a fellow cyclist

This evening as I sat down to read through the emails in my box I noticed several from a lady in my bike club who always sends us updates about what's going on with people in the group.

Unfortunately it was very sad news. A member of our group, Len, who was 37 years old had a heart attack and died.

In a following email there were pictures of him...I hadn't recognized his name, but then again I only joined last spring and rode with the same 6 people almost every ride. There were many I met and talked to for a brief period of time but I don't remember everyone's names.

When I saw the pictures I was so saddened. I remember him, not because we ever even had a conversation, but because he was one of the fast guys (you know the ones that the rest of us look at and wonder how anyone can be that in shape!) - always coming into the restaurant we all meet up at halfway through our Saturday morning ride, sweating like crazy and laughing and joking with everyone.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and to his family! I didn't know him, at least not on a personal level but he was one of us, part of our cycling family...as the email said, We lost one of our best.

No comments: