Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brookfield Zoo


The kids hanging out in the pouch


It's 10:22 p.m. and we are home from the zoo (actually have been home since 5:30 p.m. but you know how it goes). The zoo was a blast. The kids were so excited to ride the train to our destination...I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because I hadn't realized that my memory card was so full...but I'm sure we'll be going more often now that I've done it and am no longer afraid!

The kids were funny, although the 3 do tend to argue quite a bit while together for extended periods of time.

On the ride into the zoo we sat on the first level of the train but they asked if on the way back we could ride on the upper level and we did...I have to say - I liked the upper level better myself. I was really impressed with how many bikes I saw parked at the different metra stations along the way!

Anyway, the zoo is much prettier in the summer when the grass is green and it's warmer and less windy out. We were happy to have partly sunny skies throughout the day and 50 degree weather - even if the wind was blowing at 20 mph !

It was a fun day - we spent about 5 hours in the zoo! The ride home was enjoyable.

During the ride home I was so intrigued listening to the boys talking about the different animals and what they thought of them and just basically dissecting every part of the day. I sat watching their mannerisms and being completely fascinated..and couldn't help but to think of what a miracle my children are while I sat and pondered what kind of men they might become.

Cassy wasn't able to go with us because she had a softball game that got rescheduled the day before to today. Total Bummer that I had to miss the game, but I couldn't go back on a promise to the others. I am happy to report that my daughter hit a single, got a runner home, was able to steal 2nd base and then was later batted in and able to score a run. I'm very proud of her and she said the girls were giving her a hard time ...as in "And you said you've never played softball before." She's pretty proud of herself and I think she should be! By the way - her team won :)


The kids in front of the south gate entrance

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

Now that I am fully into biking, I kind of regret all the time I spent coaching soccer and playing golf. The things we do on bikes now as a family and with friends is so much more rewarding.


I always recommend to anyone who listens not to do either of those.