Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An Interesting Phone Call

Tonight at about 7 p.m. I got a phone call from our Administrator at work. He wanted to know how the kids were - apparently they are very concerned that I'm missing work....he told me that if they are still sick tomorrow I can bring them in for a half day or whatever just to help me from falling too far behind in my work.....

Okay - now some thoughts that I'm trying to work out.

1. When I asked this in the past about my 15 yr. old coming in following a pretty serious allergic reaction to something - there was a concern about her being there - so why would I want to bring in 7 year old twin boys? WHo are running 102 degree fevers?

2. Why is it that when I am gone from work no one can 'help' me out and do any of my stuff? They certainly expect me to get their work done when they aren't there - okay this doesn't apply to the administrator - but it does apply to other people who when I'm gone never make an effort to ease my return to work!

3. When I have to take days off because of my kids illnesses I either
A) take vacation time
B) work long days to make them up or
C) Bust my ass - make up the work even if I don't get my hours in.

4. There is a sign on the front doors requesting that if a person is showing any signs of the flu to please not be in the building ... these include a fever, vomiting, diarrhea...yet I can bring two little boys who are running high fevers, and nauseous into the building?

5. I commute on my bike every day - perhaps I should attach pegs to my bike on both the front and the back so they can ride with me!!!! (Yeah I'm being as sarcastic as possible)

6. My office is the size of a bathroom - literally it used to be a bathroom that was then converted into an office - there isn't any extra room - both of my boys could not be in that room! I am certainly not leaving my sick kids with other people in the building to watch --- I hear how they all act about that crap and I've had that job dumped on me before - watching the kid that has to come to work with their parent .... the person who has to watch them gets none of their work done and gets screwed!

Yes I am irritated! I hate when they try to heavy hand me into being at work...if those boys are still running over 101 degree temps I am not taking them into the building and asking them to sit even for 1 hour! I work my butt off for them...and I have a feeling that a certain someone is playing martyr again...while not doing any of my work but acting as if me not being there puts an enormous burden on their shoulders. I honestly am so irritated tonight. I should go to bed as my husband has to be at work at 4 a.m.but instead I'm sitting up a little aggravated. The same person that I'm sure is whining is the same person who was gone for 3 weeks in one month and I had to do their job and mine...return the favor people! I rub your back you rub mine!

Next time people are gone I may be too damn busy to do their work/job...I'm going to stop being such a nice helpful person at work and start acting like everyone else...put out by everyone and everything! Keep my head turned from everyone and just do my job and leave! Screw everything else! I hate having the screws put to me when I don't deserve that at all! I especially hate people acting as if my children should not be my first priority - part of what is wrong with this society!

I'm certain that he was trying to be a nice guy - he just doesn't know the way things go on in the building because he hasn't been there long enough to see the dynamics. Yes, I am stubborn and don't like to be told what or how to do things - sorry it's from being a manager for 10 years!

Okay sorry to vent but I am a bit emotional at the moment. I'm worried about my kids, I've been cooped up in a house with for several days and am still feeling the effects of not having felt well last week - so this on top of everything else is just more than I want to deal with at the moment.

Take care! Ride safe! One world two wheels!