Friday, March 7, 2008

Sights during the commute & Mom's Party

I've commuted by bike every day this week. My legs were a little tired coming home yesterday but I think that was also because I was bonking. I'd eaten 6 hours before and had only drank water since then...probably just needed a little energy for the limbs! Will be sure to eat that apple sitting on my desk today before jumping on my bike to head home!

On the way into work I saw the LBS Manager driving into work. He recognized me and honked...does this make me a regular? I think he really just recognized the bike! Coming home I saw 9...count them 9 DEER on the side of the bike path that runs through Greenwood Acres. I wish I'd have had a camera. I need to start carrying one. They were literally just standing to the left of me. I also saw 1 squirrel but he wasn't nearly as impressive as the deer. I have to look into a camera to keep on me...not sure if I want to chance it with my digital though. Perhaps buying a cheaper digital would be a good idea.

Mom's party is just 1 week and 1 day away. I'm excited and nervous. My sister flies into O'Hare on the 13th. Thankfully I found someone to pick her up since my boys have their Spring Sing at the Huskie Den that night. The food is ordered, the cake has to be ordered but they said I can do it just one or two days ahead of time. I still need to pick up drinks and stuff like that.

Okay, gonna run - today is jean day and I need to figure out what to wear with my jeans that's appropriate for work...

Have a great day everyone. Ride and Drive Safe!!!


No comments: