Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Sports Booster Night

Last night was the spring sports booster night. Basically all the parents meet their children after practice at the high school, go into the main commons, sit around and eat, then head into the gym where the athletic director introduces each sport and their coach (freshman, jv, varsity). The coaches then give a little introduction regarding their sport (badminton's coach was amusing as he worked very hard at convincing the doubters that badminton is really a tough sport). The coaches then introduce their players and then it repeats with the next coach and team. I had taken a picture with my cell phone of Cassy's softball team....however, I manged to close my phone without saving the picture (kicks self in butt). I was sitting with Sandy (former co-leader of our girl scout troop with me), and of course we were busy talking....and laughing...

The head coach for the varsity softball team gave a talk to us about proper parent conduct....this reminded me of my stepfather being kicked out of a basketball game one year. Apparently last year one of the varsity players parents was kicked out of a game for getting into a fight. I was told that his wife works for the school district - how embarrassing! I guess some parents get carried away and that just takes all the fun out of it for everyone - including their children!

I will post softball pictures when they come in- should be a week or so.

The weather hasn't been as warm yet this week as promised. It didn't even hit 33 degrees yesterday even though the weatherman said it would hit 41 by the time I headed home from work. So, as I jumped on my bike yesterday morning I decided to leave behind the winter jacket that has kept me so nice and warm during my commutes this winter and instead layered some shirts and a big heavy sweatshirt on top. I figured being a little chilly on the way in would be fine - instead I was a little chilly both on the way to work and on the way home. I'm over 100 miles now this year - so only a couple thousand to go! lol

All right, better go. Mommy morning time is almost over and I still want to do my daily Bible reading before waking all the little ones up and starting the chaos of the morning off!

Be safe out there!


No comments: