Monday, March 31, 2008

Surprise when I opened my Fridge

Yesterday I went to the store pretty early, picked up some groceries (stuff for Taco's)...came home did my stuff for the day. In the evening after the taco's were made I opened my freezer only to realize that everything in there was thawed out...what the heck?

Call the landlord, he comes over, looks at it, says he will call someone Monday morning. Fabulous! This means that today I have to leave work at some point to get my butt here for someone to mess with the fridge....yes I could probably let them just come in with the landlord but I have huge issues with someone being in my house if I'm not here.

So....I then get two laundry baskets and toss all my food in those that I haven't already tossed in the cooler. My mom, who was over at the time of the discovery, goes to the gas station and grabs some bags of ice for me...then we haul the food out to her car (the stuff in the laundry baskets) so that she can throw it in her fridge till mine is fixed. So right now I'm living out of a cooler LOL!
*************************************************************************************

Thunderstorms today but I'm riding anyway. I haven't seen any lightening just heard some thunder.
I'm used to riding in the rain and other not so agreeable weather! Our area is under a flood warning so here's hoping that the roads are okay to travel on.
It's really coming down right now! Holy moly - it's POURING!!!! TORRENTIAL DOWNFALL!
***********************************************************************************
Still bike related information: I got online yesterday afternoon and picked up some panniers for the commuter as well as a long sleeve jersey. I got them for cheap so that made me super happy.

**********************************************************************************
Okay, that's all for now- I've got to head downstairs to throw socks in the dryer .

Be safe! Happy riding!


1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

You know, I was going to ditch my ride tonight because of rain. But I'm gonna do it.

Maybe.