Monday, March 31, 2008

Wet n Wild Monday

Okay, maybe not wild...but it was certainly wet on the way in. The rain was really coming down at one point and I was having a hard time seeing through all the rain on my glasses! Got to work safely and without incident.

Riding home I had the wind in my face and so heading home was a little harder than heading in had been. I got home just fine and without any rain so I was happy for that. By the time I left work this evening at approximately 5:15 p.m. it was 60 Degrees out. Coming home the river was really up and in a couple places it could be over the top by tomorrow when I ride in...we are supposed to get more thunderstorms tonight. The ground was saturated and in some spots on the bike path there was standing water. I didn't see any other cyclists today but I did go by and say hello to 7 joggers.

I received a confirmation email today to let me know that Nashbar shipped my panniers and jersey. Hurray!
**************************************************************************************
Refrigerator Update:

Landlord called today, repair guy came over, told them it wasn't worth fixing, so Wednesday morning a new bigger and nicer fridge will be delivered. I'm excited, apparently it even has the water and ice thing on the door...score! That will make my mom SUPER happy!
*************************************************************************************
Tomorrow is April fool's day - I had intended to freeze milk in the kids cereal bowls and then pour a little cereal on top with some fresh milk on top...but considering that I have no working freezer I guess I won't be doing that. Now I have to think of some other thing to do to them....I'll work on it.
*************************************************************************************
Okay, I think that's my update for now...I'm tired...it was really good to be back on the bike after being off it all of last week. Hopefully I can ride on Saturday with the club. Yes, I spend my week planning my weekend :o)

Safe and Happy Riding!

No comments: