Saturday, April 5, 2008

Kirkland Ride for Breakfast

This morning I got up and got dressed for a quick ride down to the post office to pick up my package from Nashbar...which means biking goodies! I wanted to get there by 8 a.m. so that I could have my new long sleeved jersey for the ride today.

I rode back and was home before 8:20 a.m. Opened my box and there was my beautiful new jersey and Day Tripper Panniers (much smaller than I had expected). I'll keep the panniers but will probably buy bigger ones for stashing my stuff for work in.

Threw off the clothes on top that I was wearing and put on that new jersey...yeah it's cute! I got ready to go and managed to be ready by the time Karen came riding up. We rode the ride from here in town to Kirkland to join the club from Blackhawk for Breakfast. We had a nice tailwind while we headed north so we were flying on most of the 18 miles into Kirkland...had a nice breakfast...I tried the blueberry pancakes...YUMMY! The ride home was much more difficult and we dropped our average by ALOT...but it was gorgeous and sunny and warm, so even with the strong wind (12 mph but we has LOTS of gusts that were 21 mph).

After that Cassy and I went to the store to get the rest of the stuff that we needed for Debbie's baby shower tomorrow.

Gaven had a friend spend the night and they made smores and roasted hot dogs...they were loud and had a big bonfire in the backyard...courtesy of our neighbors who cut down a bunch of the limbs on a tree.

It was a fun night. Unfortunately I realized that both teams that I had going to the NCAA Basketball Championship were beaten tonight :( That takes me totally out of the pool. :(

Oh well, it's only a game right?

I hope to get up early and head out tomorrow for a quick 20 miles or so before I have to get all the other stuff done!

Safe and Happy riding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.