Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sulfa Medication Allergy

So, that rash that I developed turned out to be an allergic reaction to the medication I was on for that nasty little infection....and apparently when sulfa based medications build up in your system they can cause a problem for some people...I happen to be one of those lucky ones.

It looks like I have 2nd degree burns on my back, stomach, chest and arms...which is slowly spreading to my legs....

Doctor was in the facility today and saw me, which was nice since I didn't have to leave work to go to his office. So, now he's given me a new prescription...and I'm on benadryl to try to get rid of the rash or at least alleviate how uncomfortable it is...I can also take what I have left of the vicodin in order to ease the pain/discomfort.

That's about it...I'm going to go to the couch now because I am going to pass out...benadryl puts me on my butt! lol.

Safe and happy riding!

No comments: