Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Gorgeous Day to Ride

Today I had the pleasure to lead the ride with Karen from the bike shop. There was only one other person that rode with us - but hey, that's 3 people riding to the Kirkland breakfast instead of only 2. It was a gorgeous day to ride, very little wind, the sun was shining for most of the ride, the talk was good and we rode fast and hard. Okay, for you really fast people out there - maybe not FAST per se but fast for us! We rode a total of just shy of 40 miles, but I turned around and rode into work so that's an extra ten miles. Woohoo. That's just about a half century today. My legs were hurting as I headed into work though. I love it!

Tomorrow is mother's day - so I hope any Mom's who read this have a super day!

Oh, and on the Wednesday night ride - on the smoothest road we ride I got a front flat. HMPH! Thankfully Mike H. got me back on the road in a hurry - it would have taken me a lot longer to change that tire out - (I can change my own tires, I'm just not super quick)! Then after about 12 miles we get slammed with rain - I mean we road into the heart of it and got soaked! I was still dripping at mile 20 when I pulled up to my house lol! Took 2 days for my shoes to dry out - so I ended up riding Thursday into work with Tennis Shoes - first time since 2006 that I've not worn my biking shoes and clipped in - it was a little odd but I managed.


Take care and ride safe!

No comments: