Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finally a Ride

Well, last night I finally got a ride in. It was 94 degrees and extremely humid, but it felt so wonderful to get out on the bike! I didn't go for a long ride because I had talked to my boss a few minutes before heading out and she said she was going to be arriving soon and then we were all going to dinner. I took part of the route that Mike from Springfield had sent me. I only did 10 miles but it still felt wonderful, plus I knew I was only going to do 10 miles so I hit it hard...got back jumped in the shower and 15 minutes later we headed to the Olive Garden.

I'm amazed that I've lost any weight while down here but I have. Even my jeans which fit pretty comfortably are looser on me. Good stuff! I'm sure it helps that I'm on the bike almost daily, even if not while here, it has to have affected my metabolism.

I'm happy to report that there is finally someone my age down here. Denise got here last night and is about my age. Makes me a little happier.

Anyway, I'm really angling for a ride tonight with the bike club down here. They meet at 5:45 p.m. I'm just going to say no to the girls from work if they request dinner - so unless I'm given orders from Teri I'm riding damnit!

Oh, did I mention that Springfield has BIKE LANES? WOW! I can see the danger in having them as well as the benefit. I guess if we aren't cautious and if the motorists aren't cautious it doesn't matter how many amenities you put in place or how few. So, there it is again - ride and drive safe!

Okay, better get my slow butt moving this morning.
Ride safe!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Your boss took you to Olive Garden? Cheap skate.

The ride must have been nice. It's uaually a treat to ride in a new area.

gabby1 said...

lol .... no my boss didn't even pay. We all paid for our own...I was a little shocked but didn't want to seem like a total jerkoff so I just went with the flow! Fun stuff. The ride was wonderful!