Friday, June 27, 2008

Meeting a Fellow Cyclist

The last two days have turned out to be rather good. In part to the fact that while I have enjoyed the entire conference Wednesday night Denise from Fair Oaks came down and amazingly she's Bob's age (2 years older than me is two years older than me...end of story!). So, we've been having a good time. She's very funny and I think we've formed a good bond. Last night we went swimming and hung out...which was much better than sitting around drinking wine with Joyce. No offense at all Joyce...you know I love you!

Last night I had just walked into my room when the phone started ringing - it was the front desk to tell me that someone named Mike Schwaab was in the lobby waiting for me...kinda cool. He's the cyclist from Springfield who sent me the route map. So, I got to meet him which was nice and we took a short little ride.

All in all this has been a super week. I've learned a lot. I've met new people and forged new friendships.

To top off the week this afternoon after we get out of meetings I get to head home. However, I will be making a little stop in Paxton to meet up with my best friend Kay as well as our old classmate from grade school and junior high Emily. Of course we will be meeting at Monical's Pizza (the best pizza place in the universe)! So, I am excited!

Tomorrow I have to take back my cute little rented Toyota Yaris- I highly recommend these cars or even the Prius. Wonderful cars to drive! Gas efficiency ROCKS!
Okay, I'm off to do my thing for the day! Have a super day! Ride safe and be good (or be good enough to get away with whatever bad you've done) :)

No comments: