Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Visit / weigh in today

I had another doctor visit today - you know the follow up etc. I'm still on the metformin which is being used to counteract the effects of the polycystic ovarian syndrome that I was diagnosed with a while back. The metformin (which is used by diabetics to help lower their blood sugar) has also been found to alleviate some of the symptoms that the PCOS has. So, as always he wanted to weigh me...this is my least favorite part - I always feel like a huge failure when it comes to having to jump on a scale. I was happy to find that I lost another 6 lbs in the month since I was last there - which brings my total weight loss close to 20 lbs. Not too bad! But, then again, it's summer - I've always dropped weight like mad in the summer just to put it back on in the winter - so the challenge this year will be to find something to do which will keep the weight off over the winter.

Anyway, I am glad that I've lost some weight though, it made me have a little more umph on the ride home! I rode faster and with a smile!

4 days left until the concert - 5 days left until the Beanzie Ride.

Tomorrow I'll find out if I've won the tickets to the Chicago Cubs game or not - and tomorrow afternoon I'm going to head online to grab some tickets to WWE wrestling - they are coming to town and the boys favorite wrestler is going to be there - so you know I have to get tickets - they will be in the nose bleed section but they would rather be able to go see it than to not see it at all. That will be their big treat for the summer - followed by the camping trip we will be taking the weekend of the twins birthday ... that's what they always want to do - go camping lol! If only they knew how much I appreciate not having to plan a big crazy party, although the pirate themed party last year was a blast and a huge hit and lots of fun for kids and adults - I much prefer the laid back camping approach!

All right - be safe and have fun!

No comments: