Thursday, July 17, 2008

Early Out

Well, today I didn't work my whole day. I was lucky and got to leave early....the reason? We had new carpet being installed and they were getting ready to do the side of the hall by my office- I would have been blocked in my office for the entire time they were there -Joyce is aware of how often I pee...lol. Anyway, she said I could go, if I wanted, and I did. As I was getting ready to pack it up cuz I saw that the guys were coming back the Administrator tells me to keep working and stay put...I ignored that - my boss offered me the opportunity to leave -I took it...I don't know why he worries about micromanaging our individual departments so much....it's very aggrivating.

Besides, I am already into overtime for the payperiod - (14 hours into overtime) and still have to go in tomorrow because tomorrow is my AP day - I have a deadline for getting my AP stuff entered into the computer system, printed off and signed off on by the Administrator and then sent out Fed Ex to the corporate office...

Our census sucks - they have 2 people in the Admissions office and they still can't get a decent census ....I'm sure there are factors out of their control but I'll tell you what the word on the street is - people think that most of the department heads in our facility are condescending and rude - as well as overeducated but lacking common sense. The exact verbage that I heard was highly trained, overpaid idiots. Okay, that's just funny. That assessment might not be too far off.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my job - I just think that a good many people in the higher management positions at our facility are too worried about nitpicking at the rest of us and too lax about the stuff that actually causes the problems within the facility - and when those of us who are aware of problems bring a potential resolution to the table we are hem hawed and dismissed...yes dismissed- they pretty much shoo us out of their offices. Sometimes a little first hand knowledge of the situation and first hand understanding are a lot more useful than years of training within the walls of a school.

Okay, off my soap box now.

All right, I'm off. Tomorrow is the last day of work before the big weekend. I think John and I are going to ride to Kirkland, so that will be 40 miles. I'll come home, shower, nap, then get ready for the Poison Concert. Hurray! After the concert, I'll come home, crash - get up at 6 a.m. grab a glass of O.J. put two bottles of water onto the bike and head to the high school for the Beanzie ride which I will also be riding with John. We are doing 101 miles. The weather man says we may get some random and very scattered thunderstorms- I'm hoping not.

Yesterday I ordered a skirt to go over those lovely spandex biking shorts - I really do appreciate the biking shorts and all the comfort they offer while in the saddle, however, my ass should not be in spandex---it's like, well, I simply don't have the body for that - so I bought a skirt so that others will not be subjected to looking at my large derierre while riding behind me...It should be in tomorrow and I'm excited to wear it - I'm praying that it fits well. Now I just need to get those road biking shoes for the trip (that won't happen before the ride this weekend but I do need a pair soon).

Okay, well I better go it's 11 p.m. and I have to be up at 4 with Bob.

Take care and ride safe!

No comments: