Monday, July 28, 2008

Forced Motivation

Okay, I know I've been a little lax - after that 100 mile beanzie ride I had a sore knee - then I just was tired - so I didn't do much riding - honestly it was a sickly pathetic week on the riding scale considering what nice weather we've had the past week.

Today I forced myself to get up at 5 a.m. - I swear that snooze button looked like a good idea -but I just couldn't. I grabbed my mp3 player and had the music on within about 3 minutes of rolling out of bed, mumbling and grumbling about being exhausted and feeling old. Got dressed and headed into work on the bike. Pushed it a little bit - not too much - just hit the hill hard -

Work was a long 9 hours but I did them and got out - rode home at a pretty good pace and hit the big hill by NIU (okay I'm a flatlander so anything that goes upwards and takes more than 10 seconds to get over qualifies as a hill here). After getting home I cooked dinner. We ate and Cassy and I jumped on the bikes and headed to Wal-mart on the bikes! Hit the hill in Hopkins and waited at the end of it for Cassy to catch up - yes she's my baby girl but I can't help but be a little competitive about it with her.

On the ride back Ithought she was going to try to get a jump on me at the end like she did last time and so I grabbed another gear and rode hard but she laughed and said I learned my lesson last time...oh well, I kept going to finish strong.

Fun times.

Gotta go - Ride Safe!

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

An MP3 player kept me going through some of the tough times during my recent tour.