Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surprise Ride

Well, another day at work with those people from the Federal Government hanging around - I can't complain too much considering it allowed me to keep my door shut all day (something with propping your door open with a chair being against building codes or some such thing ---eh...it's a nursing home). Having my door shut unfortunately doesn't mean not working (just in case you read that boss!) it simply means that I have less interruptions and fewer people trying to tell me stories I am not particularly interested in hearing (just in case the boss reads this and is under the impression I like people stopping to talk when I have work to do).

So, it's all fine and dandy with me - plus I can turn on the mp3 player and enjoy some music since the Administrator and maintenance man came and took my extension cord (another building code problem for nursing homes) and thus have left me without a place to plug in my radio.

After getting home (I had literally just sat down from riding home - took the long windy way home ---okay not so long, but a little longer than the straight to work and home thing)...so...as I was saying, after plopping down on the couch and discussing the day with the kids my phone rings ---I wasn't expecting any calls. It was John....who I hoped was calling for a ride- he didn't disappoint - asking me if I was interested in grabbing a ride on the bike this evening...nothing hard (he forgets I haven't been getting those good long rides in much lately). So, I meet him at the bike shop maybe 20 minutes after he called :) As I ride up he says What took so long? did you have to put your makeup on? (or something to that effect). So, off we went to Waterman - thankfully his knee was hurting so he had to take it easy- While I hope his knee feels better soon I was rather happy that I didn't have to pedal desperately hoping that I would be able to hang on a little longer...

On the way back it looked like rain - and upon getting back to the bike shop where I bought some new handlebar tape, since mine was unwinding - it began to pour! I rode home in the rain---I'm used to that. It was 91 or 92 degrees this afternoon so the rain felt good on the final couple of miles home.

After getting out of the shower I saw that Karen had called - she's back from RAGBRAI. She said it was fabulous - I'm a little envious - looking forward to the days when I can leave for a week without feeling guilty about taking a trip for my own enjoyment without the kids and hubby.
We are riding tomorrow night on the Wednesday night ride - hopefully they take it easy - although I've considered taking Cassy with me so that I have an excuse for riding slower lol - yes I know that's horrible - but it also saves me from being dropped...afterwards we will hit Twins for a post ride all you can eat spaghetti dinner ...no one can finish more than one plate - it's huge! They make out pretty good on that deal!

Cubs are winning in the bottom of the 7th inning and my dog is hiding because of the storm - this is a 50 pound German Short-haired Pointer who's hiding in a cabinet that isn't more than 2 feet wide and about 12 inches deep....crazy dog - I think he's scared of the thunder! Poor Brownie - he's very sweet - but not much of a guard dog! If someone ever breaks in he will bark at them and then run and hide someplace! LOL!
Below is a pic of my biking jersey (the back) which got very dirty during the ride home in the rain....where's that tide stick?

Ride Safe!

No comments: