Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Had your ass handed to you lately?

I have. Went out to ride with the group tonight, was happy to see some people (Mike) who I haven't seen in a while . A few minutes before we were getting ready to leave two of the fast guys (Brian and bearded Mike..I think those are their names) showed up. I knew immediately what would happen. They'd hammer it out (which equals their warm up) for about 5 miles before dropping me...and that's about what happened - I lasted a little longer than that - but not sure how much longer because at that point I had so much sweat falling into my eyes that I couldn't read my computer.

So, Karen was kind enough to hang back with me. We rode it - averaging 16.5 for the ride - that was a good speed for me! I'm sucking these days - not sure why - I wouldn't think that missing 1 ride - even for a couple of weeks would hurt me so badly but apparently it has. It's a little depressing.

Afterwards we changed at Karen's and headed up to Twins for Spaghetti and drinks. Tim and Mike were already there - I hate that I'm the slow one! We had a good time and some good laughs. It was nice hanging out with them. Gonna have to start bringing Cassy with me, although they are all now aware that I'm that slow - so it wouldn't do me any good!

Going to try drinking more water on the day of the ride - prior to getting to the ride. Hoping it's something simple like that - I feel like I'm actually sliding backwards - or at least progressing more slowly than before. Going to have to start doing those interval training rides (GASP).

OH yeah, I got to tell Karen about the latest sage with the In-laws. There is really no reason for a 60 year old woman to get arrested. It's all very sad and disturbing...Poor Bob is beside himself and I think wishes everyone would just not act like a nutter - guess that's too much to ask.

I think it was decided also that Mike H. is now going to be called Dad (by me anyway) lol - So as we left Twins I asked "dad" for a new bike for Christmas...I should have been more specific - Orbea Diva would be fabulous! I don't think I'm getting one though he said I've been a naughty girl LMAO! Probaby true!

Okay, Ride Safe folks - I'm jumping in the shower and heading to bed! Riding 20 miles tomorrow with John and Cassy at 5 from the bike shop if anyone wants to join.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

My philosophy has evolved to be "If I were in a hurry, I wouldn't be on a bike".

The fast riders in their superhero ourfits can hammer along all they want. Not this guy.

gabby1 said...

I wish I could completely adhere to that philosophy - unfortunately years of playing sports and my very sick competitive nature I have a hard time not being upset about getting blown away! :o)

I'm going to keep your philosophy in mind - including the superhero outfit thing- for next time they leave me eating their dust!