Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strategy

Since I got stomped last night I considered what I could do to improve myself - besides, or in conjunction with John D's offer to do interval training with me. I picked up a book which discusses women's cycling in all aspects.

I haven't started reading it yet (just got home a little bit ago) but will tackle that this weekend and see what other things I can do to improve myself.

Windy 60 is next weekend. Might be doing that one alone...not sure - haven't talked to anyone else who's riding it at this point. Not sure my kiddo is up for 60 miles.

Anyway, I'm off to take the kids for ice cream - that thunderstorm earlier didn't do a lot to alleviate the heat.

Oh yeah, and no ride tonight b/c we are under a thunderstorm warning until 7 p.m. So, I'll rest today and hopefully grab a ride with Karen or Cassy tomorrow.

I ended July with only 7 days off the bike - hoping to knock that number lower in August. As of today I have 96 commutes by bike to work for the year. I also have 1,632 miles of cycling under my belt so far this year. August and September should still be good months to ride alot and then I will continue commuting through the winter as long as there isn't too much snow or ice to get through. So, I think I should be able to hit the 2,500 mile goal I set for myself this year.

Ride Safe!

No comments: