Saturday, August 2, 2008

Oh Happy Day

It's a happy day for a reason - I swear. This morning as I realize that I forgot to throw my biking shorts (yes I have one pair that I always wear) into the washer yesterday evening I thought to myself that I should try on that pair of biking shorts/mountain bike baggy shorts that I bought last year from Nashbar which were too small...I've lost some weight. I tried them maybe three weeks ago and they were still just a smidge too tight - so I yanked em on - without having to wiggle and squirm to get them over my large thighs and hips...HURRAY! Guess I'm wearing them today on the Kirkland Breakfast Ride.

I can't believe it's already August! YIKES! Where did all that free time go? Darnit! It's a little disturbing that school will be starting in 3 weeks! Poor kids!

Tomorrow there is a bike race in Elgin - Bob let me know - we are considering driving out there - just depends on how we are in the morning I guess.

My budget is shot to hell this month already. Bob got up to head to work the other day and found that the two front tires on the suburban were flat! He of course put air in both and left - he c alled me when he got to work and told me that he needed to replace both tires - so there went a couple hundred bucks from my paycheck - bam! A couple hundred bucks I hadn't expected to be spending! When he took it in they found a few roofing nails in the tires. Nice! The tires needed to be replaced anyway - but, I thought I had more time and was hoping to wait until the beginning of September before replacing them...so I'm a little stressed over the money situation - trying to figure out if I can manage a second job or not...honestly I'm not sure how I can fit it in. I just need to make more money where I do work!

My check in a week and a half should be decent -but then I'll be getting school supplies and paying bills - so it will be gone pretty quickly lol! ugh! Wishing the economy would start looking better - the high gas prices and grocery prices are killing us (by us I mean most everyone).

Ah well - what are we going to do - other than complain about it!

Well, another happy note - R.C.I.C. starts in another month - I'm trying to get all my stuff together for it - It looks like my class will consist of mainly teenagers - which is a better fit for me because I'm really better with dealing with teenagers!

Okay, I'm heading out - gotta go over my bike quick before riding out today- need to make it to Kirkland for those yummy blueberry pancakes without any problems! Take care!

Ride safe!

No comments: