Friday, August 22, 2008

Cornfest weekend...last bit of summertime fun...

Yesterday we saw the migration of the new and returning students to the N.I.U. Campus. While I appreciate higher education I have to say that I do not enjoy all the students speeding up and down the streets, making them extremely unsafe because many of these students forget that a stop sign actually means coming to a complete stop, and for some reason think it means stop only if there happens to be a car in the road where you are trying to turn.

I know there are many students who don't drive like jackasses - it just becomes hard to seperate them from the ones that drive recklessly.

Today at 3:00 p.m. CornFest started. If you are not aware DeKalb, Illinois is the Corn Capital of the World...or of the Universe as was boasted on the radio this morning. They have moved this huge fest off of the main streets of DeKalb and out to the Municipal Airport. I'd like to go out there at least for a little bit just to see how it is when it's not held on Lincoln Highway, however, I think I may not make it out there since I have to cover a shift at Bethany.

Cassy is up there with friends. I have hard time telling her to have a good time and be in by curfew...but she's a big girl and I can't try to keep her here with me all the time.

Okay, I'm tired and hitting the bed soon, or at least lying on the couch and napping until Cassy is safely home.

Ride Safe!

No comments: