Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cody is sad...cookie is gone

Moment's after I posted my earlier blog my son Cody came out of his bedroom holding his beloved hamster, Cookie, who was a couple of years old had died.. Life expectancy is about 2 - 4 years. He was very upset - crying...okay crying would be putting it mildly - at 6:30 he was still crying! Poor kid!


We will be having a burial for the little hamster - she was very cute (even if she was a rodent).


I feel bad for the kid - He was so distraught. I find this interesting because he told Cassy one day that 'dying is part of life and the life cycle always ends in death' and then went on to tell her that she should stop crying because it didn't make any sense to cry about something she knew would happen....

I guess he is aware now that even though we all know all things die - it doesn't make it easy to accept when it's something or someone you love.


Attached is a picture of him crying after having found the hamster.

No comments: