Monday, November 10, 2008

While I was at Mass....

I found out today, someone had taken my debit card information and used it to buy tickets to London - effectively wiping out my account. Adios paycheck!

I called the bank - guess who gets to go through filing the dispute and an investigation.

I certainly hope that the person who took my card number and bought those tickets had a great reason for needing to go to London.

I was upset, to say the least this morning...sitting at my desk bawling, would be a more accurate assessment of my situation. I spent about 45 minutes feeling very sorry for myself before I realized that nothing I do is going to have the money back in my account today - therefore I went ahead and relaxed...Let God's will be done!

Later in the day my boss (the big deal around there) came into my office (he had spoken to me earlier in the day to find out what happened because he saw that I was upset) and handed me an envelope - with the amount of money missing from my account. He told me to pay him back when it gets straightened out or little by little...WOW! How bad do I feel for everytime I've gotten really ticked off at him? To say that I really appreciate him doing that would be an understatement. HOnestly, I can't afford to have a good chunk of my paycheck stolen.

So, I am grateful and very thankful - to my boss and to God!

I was so peaceful on the ride home that I didn't notice that the day hadn't gotten warmer than 36 degrees!

Ride Safe!

4 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Your boss is a savior for sure. I'll bet he also feels really good for doing that deed.

gabby1 said...

No doubt. I'm now dealing with having to go through the process of DISPUTING THE CHARGES!

amidnightrider said...

You know, buying a plane ticket should make that person kind of easy to catch. You agree?

gabby1 said...

Yes, I agree. I finally talked to the airline (based in India) last night at 11 p.m. my time. Today I have to have the bank email over a copy of my statement that shows the charges and all the other stuff they want as well as fill out the forms for my bank! What a mess! I guess it could be worse though! Still have my place, my kids and food on the table! Oh yeah and our jobs which are a hard commodity to come by these days! So, I'm not as stressed as I know I would have been a couple years ago if this had happened!