Thursday, December 4, 2008

CT Scan is done...

The CT Scan was a pretty quick procedure - 30 minutes in and out. The iodine they shoot into you for the contrast is an interesting thing. I felt it moving through my arm making it warm while my forearm felt extremely cold...but then the bad feeling started - it seriously felt as if I had just pissed my pants - very concerning..who wants to be that person? Thankfully, the tech had warned me about that particular sensation!

Speaking of the Tech's; those people should go play poker in Vegas. I have never seen tech's who were so straight faced during an entire procedure.

'Mrs. Croom?' This from the tech coming to the door of the waiting room.
"Hi. How are ya?' Me - being totally positive and cheerful.
"Fine, thanks, have you ever had a ct scan before?" The tech again - straight faced with no inflection to her voice
'No, I haven't'
then she went through the whole schpeal. No crack of a smile, no personal talk etc..keep it to the point is apparently their motto.

I'm sure that's the way they are supposed to be but dang - crack a smile. The tech could have atleast said "nice chest" lol .

Anyway - results are expected Monday.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Ride Safe!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

I'm guessing that they are trained to stay "in character" while they are testing someone. Keeping it very professional and impersonal is probably best for very sick people. A show of confidence so to speak.

gabby1 said...

I'm sure they are trained to behave a certain way - that way they don't give anything away - good or bad - which in reality is probably the best thing since the doctor is the one that gives you the news...better to just be detached across the board.
Results should be in Monday.