Friday, December 19, 2008

Follow up on School buses and 16 year olds!

Okay, brief update on the two previous discussed situations...

1. School busing situation - the girl from the district did call me and tell me that they would pick up ALL 3 boys! Hurray!

2. 16 year old still thinks I'm the meanest person in the universe! Oh well. Life goes on...
- I do want to mention that a little ass kissing on her part would be nice but seeing that she is my daughter with my stubborn streak perhaps she's not of the mind to brown nose it! Apparently not because after working 14 hours today I came home to her on the couch with her pajama's and robe on and the house only partly in order - the part that was in order is pretty much what I had put in order last night.
Tomorrow she and her brothers will have a long list of items to finish before I get home from work.

Speaking of work - one of my night/weekend receptionists was in the hospital last week - this week her doctor did not release her - today I talked to her - she's not able to come back I find out...UGH! So, I covered tonights shift. Tomorrow I will cover the 8-2 shift - I'll be going in earlier than that to do my own work that can't be done while sitting at the reception desk. Sunday I got lucky and Gail agreed to work the desk for me. Gail is the daytime receptionist who is 60 some years old. She's one of those people who can be nice as pie or mean as hell! Usually she's nice to me - sometimes though she's very mean...when she's mean I just cut her off from all of my baked goods until she starts being nice again! It usually doesn't take too long before she sweetens back up again! lol!

My boss comes back to work tomorrow. If I hear her complain about a single thing that isn't done or not done properly while she's gone I'm going to tell her that from now on when she goes on vacation I'll do her deposits for her and the daily census and the rest of it she can fix when she gets back since I do such a piss poor job! She's a perfectionist (I mean so far over the top that she can't even stand to be around herself sometimes)...so I'll never do it well enough; but I will make her aware that if she doesn't like how I do it she can just do it all herself when she gets back and that way it's to her satisfaction! :) Which really is just a way of saying shut up and be happy someone tried to do some of it and alleviate the overload when you get back!

That being said I'm done venting for the night. I think I cursed a few times in this post - sorry if that offends anyone. I once in a while can be a potty mouth!

Ride safe! The roads are getting icy! I saw one other soul braving the snow on a bike! God love the "icebikers"...it takes a rare breed...I'm glad to be among them! Only 3 weeks till the Madison Bike Swap! Hurray!

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Your boss is so unfair. That must really suck. What a bunch of crap.

gabby1 said...

LOL - I try - she just never thinks that anything anyone does is good enough - oh well...she could always stop taking vacation time if I suck so badly! Luckily, I have my own office now so I am not too close to her everyday! :)

But like a lady I knew once said _ better to stick with the asshole you know than to get a new asshole and not know what to expect...She was talking about husbands but it probably can apply in many situations :)