Monday, February 16, 2009

New Tattoo

Well for about a year now I've been saying I was going to get a new tattoo- this one shown below. I did on Valentine's day.
This pic was taken a couple hours after that Tat was done - so - it's still a bit bloody etc. Below the pic of the actual tat is the pic that the tat is based off of.
Some people (my mother included) think I've lost my ever lovin' mind - however, first and foremost I love tattoo's (other than the really gory one's or the demon/skulls/ etc), second, cycling has been the 1 thing that really pulled me out of a funk that I had been in. Cycling has given me a new outlook on so many things - it's such a part of my life and I don't see it ever not being - well barring any accidents that leave me unable to cycle - so- this tattoo is a symbol of the hope and joy that this sport has brought to me and a reminder that no matter how bad I'm feeling I can jump on my bike and ride off and forget all my problems for a little bit, or mull them over and come up with answers because clarity is something I am able to find when I'm on my bike.








6 comments:

Sally said...

Is it on your calf? I like it! And, if you like it and wanted it, don't worry what anyone else says!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gabby1 said...

Yes, it's on my calf. Thanks :)

Yes, I like it and you're right I shouldn't care what anyone else says - I just always worry about disappointing people.

Do you remember Kay? She's coming up this weekend. She wants me to take her to get a tattoo! LOL!

Sally said...

Of course, I remember Kay. What does she want to get a tattoo of? Did you know I have one? It is a turtle...on my hip. If I ever got another one, I would get a hummingbird.

sorry about the double post, too. for some reason I didn't think it too earlier.

gabby1 said...

Not sure what the tat will be of. I didn't know that you had one. When did you do that? I have 3 now. Although there are several others I want to get. I just am not sure that I want a bunch of art on me for everyone to check out - I don't want to be like a walking billboard. :)

Sally said...

yeah, I know what you mean. Especially in my job as a teacher I want to be really careful. I got my tattoo when I was barely 20, I think. Paul took me to the place/guy he always went to. Paul had a lot of tattoos. We even had one of them (or at least the best they could do in stone) put on his grave marker.