Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Poor Brownie...

We took Brownie, our 7 year old German Shorthaired Pointer into the vet today for his rabies shot. She checked him out and found a hernia which supported what I had suspected and voiced to her as a concern. So, she's pushing on this hernia but all in all says that he looks good, maybe a few pounds under where his ideal weight is but he's gained a good deal of weight since we've had him so she said he looked good. We discussed his hips and what we could do about it and then left...sort of.

As we were standing out in the lobby by the desk waiting to pay - one of the techs walks up and says "Ma'am, he just peed blood"...I look down and indeed, he had peed and it was almost all blood! She asked if I'd like them to do a urine screen - well of course I do! So, they took him and did the screen, apparently he has a raging UTI, which I had not been aware of! They said the blood was probably because of pushing on his hernia, but it was a good thing it happened the way it did otherwise the poor ole guy wouldn't have gotten his UTI treated!

Needless to say, his yearly exam wasn't quite routine but I'm happy to say my dear brownie is being treated and is on the road to recovery!

Happy and Safe Riding.

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

I hope everything works out for the best for Brownie.