Friday, May 27, 2011

Abscess ...what a mess.

Wednesday I had to go to the Emergency Department because I had a swollen area that was red and painful...turned out it was an abscess.

It had to be lanced and cleaned out and packed. Not fun! Thank goodness for pain medication.

I am recovering...been lying on the couch for the better part of yesterday and today. I go from excruciating pain to being so nauseated that I can't even consider putting anything in my mouth without gagging, to being so exhausted that I can't keep my eyes open...I hope this heals up quickly so I can get back to doing the things I love to do.
Just to gross ya'll out...here ya go...that is packing in the wound and it is not enlarged...that is the size of the darn thing...OUCH!
.

1 comment:

Sally said...

You poor thing! I hope that you get to feeling better quickly!