Wednesday, June 1, 2011

7 Crazy Days!

It's been a crazy week! I had the abscess issue to deal with...which is still in the process of healing. Thankfully I work with nurses and they are willing to help me out by packing the wound and cleaning it out! God love 'em!

We had  a  torrential downpour on Sunday. My enclosed porch got a little soggy in one spot...thankfully the landlord is replacing the roof this summer.

My daughter received a text message a few days ago from a girl she attends Cosmetology School with that said "Goodbye" she replied back but got no response...later in the night she found out the girl had shot herself. This young girl was the mother of 3 little children including a son with Down's Syndrome. She was going through a divorce and unfortunately felt that this was the answer. It absolutely breaks my heart to think that anyone is in such a desperate place as to feel that suicide is the only option.

Last night as I was sitting on the couch I apparently ground my teeth together and one of my teeth chipped...and exposed a nerve :( Thanks to some dental wax (for people with braces) and Norco I made it through the night and the day with little trouble and managed to get an appointment at the dentist's office this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. where he promptly removed the bad tooth!

So...needless to say the week has been challenging.

Positives from the past 7 days
~I've realized that I do have a very high threshold for pain.
~Sometimes other peoples sorrows make you realize how thankful you should be for the love you have in your life.
~ I am now 32 days without a cigarette.

Well my friends...that's it for now. Working on some more hats as soon as it becomes too dark to sit out on my patio enjoying the warmth and watching my kids. I also need to start putting together a newsletter for work.

Ride safe...and keep in mind that when cycling becomes a strange obsession that's all about #'s (miles, speed, cadence, time) it's no longer something that brings you complete freedom and joy! You've become a slave to the sport. With that in mind...Ride FUN!

No comments: