Monday, May 23, 2011

HOLY WINDY DAY BATMAN!

Commute to work this morning : 17.36 miles. 15 mph winds from the SW, with gusts at 19 mph. Made it with an average speed of 14.6 mph.

Commute almost home: 12.5 miles. 21 mph winds from the W, gusts at 29 mph. Most of the ride I was heading North with the wind pushing at me...very tiring. I called home and asked for a ride 5 miles from town...I was cashed and my butt hurt.

First good ride of the year though, really of the past year and a half.

I'm tired. I am also feeling so good! I rode hard...I haven't smoked for 23 days. I haven't had an urge in at least a week! I am thrilled with how good I feel.

Tomorrow morning I am not going to be riding my bike to work. I'll be going for a run with my dog Izzy prior to driving to work.

Okay...Gonna take off and spend the evening taking a nap (?) lol! Kidding...gonna work on the caps for chemo.

Happy Riding my friends! It feels so good to be back on the bike!

No comments: