Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Zombie Run

My friend Traci has decided to make us (her friends and family members) run the Zombie Run in St. Louis on August 18. By make us I mean, she has already signed us up and then collected the money from us for this run...ensuring our cooperation in this.

Here's the skinny on this run: apparently there are 3 levels of entry. 1. to be a regular live person running from the zombies. 2. to be a zombie who chases (thus also completing the run) and 3. a zombie straggler (responsible for ambushing runners at different places on the run).

The 1st level costs some ridiculous price like $75.00 per person, the zombie parts are less expensive plus you get zombified by professional make up artists. We have chosen to be zombie's.

Now for the other stuff, in order to participate in a 5K run a person must be in okay shape. I feel completely inadequate in this department right now...so, training has begun.

Yesterday I attempted zumba...well, that is not something for the uncoordinated. I looked like I was having a seizure. However, as my friend who is a physical therapist pointed out, even having a seizure burns calories...so I'll count it as a workout.

Today; the run...I took my loyal big headed dog Izzy (see picture). She looks pretty scary and would probably mess someone up pretty good if they tried to mess with me. Considering I run at about 5 a.m. I feel much safer with her at my side. The temperature this morning: 65 degrees with winds from the SE at 8 mph. Not a bad morning for a run...perhaps a little humid (according to the weather channel we are at 74% humidity).
Tomorrow is some kind of exercise; just not sure what...perhaps one of The Firm workouts and then on Friday another run.

Training for the zombie run has commenced!

No comments: