Monday, April 16, 2012

You're never too young to dream a big dream

My son has, for about a year, been coming to me and saying things like "mom, did you see the sunset tonight? It was beautiful...it would have made a great picture." "hey, mom, today I saw _______! It was so cool! I wish I had a camera."

A few weeks ago I gave him my old camera. He has been taking good care of it and is always running around with it and telling me about the things he found or saw or tried to catch to get a picture of. I should probably at this point, between his photography and my own, invest in HP...

The other night we went for a walk, all 3 boys, my husband and myself. Brendon and I took our cameras with us.

Tonight I loaded all the pictures to the computer. I decided to print out a shot I took of him while he was trying to decide on the best angle for a shot he was trying to get...across the top, in photoshop I put a little line that seemed to fit the scene.

Below is the picture:
I've always thought it was very important to foster creativity in children...without doing so we make them believe the best they can hope for is a decent job and a little fun on the side...they should have the options to explore any form of creativity that they want, as long as it doesn't hurt them...this is what I am trying to do with Brendon...he takes some great shots, I'll post some here soon.

No comments: